Pay with your BankIowa debit card using Google Pay
Add your BankIowa debit card to Google Pay on your Android™ mobile device to make fast, secure purchases in stores, online, or within apps! You will still get all the rewards, benefits, and securities your BankIowa debit card provides.
Google Pay is protected by powerful and unique security features built into the app and Android devices, and will speed up the payment process – no need to take your card out of your wallet!
With Google Pay, your card number is replaced with a unique virtual account number. This means that your actual card number is never shared with businesses, which allows you to pay in a secure and private way.
Set up and use Google Pay on your Android Device
Add a card to your Android Device:
- Open the Google Pay app then tap the “Payment” button at the bottom of the screen. Tap “Add Payment Method” then choose “Credit or Debit Card”.
- Add your card manually or use the camera to capture the information on the front of your card. Enter any additional information needed, including the security code found on the back of your card. Tap Save.
- BankIowa will need to verify your information before your card is added to Google Pay. You will be asked to verify a one-time verification code that will be sent via text. If we need more information, you will be prompted to call 1-844-392-3685 to provide additional verification to complete the process.
- After your card is verified you can start using Google Pay.
Pay with Google Pay in stores:
- When given the option to use Debit or Credit, choose Credit.
- To pay using your default card, unlock your device then hold the back of it close to the contactless reader for a few seconds.
- You will see a blue check mark on the screen when the payment is complete.
Pay with Google Pay within apps:
- Tap the “Buy with Google Pay” button or “Google Pay” button.
- Review your payment information and contact details. Enter other billing, shipping, and contact information if necessary. Google Pay will store the information so you won't need to enter it again.
- Confirm your order.
Pay with a different card on your Android device:
- Open the Google Pay app.
- Your cards will be listed at the top. Swipe left until you find the card you want to use.
- Hold the back of your device close to the contactless reader for a few seconds.
- If prompted, choose “Credit”. You may also have to enter your debit card PIN or sign a receipt to complete the payment.
Questions? Click here to read our Google Pay FAQ.
Android, Google Pay, and the Google Pay logo are trademarks of Google LLC.