At BankIowa, our Certificates of Deposit allow depositors a great way to manage savings and grow money without risk. A Certificate of Deposit provides competitive rate of return on terms that range from 3 to 60 months, you can choose a term that works best for you.
Certificates of Deposit Features
- LOW minimum deposit of $500.00
- Competitive fixed rate of interest
- Variety of terms ranging from 3 to 60 months
- Flexible interest payment methods–compounding, interest check or direct deposit.
- FDIC Insurance coverage provided
- Locked in rates give a sense of security
- Can be used as collateral for a BankIowa loan
- This certificate gives owners the opportunity to take advantage of a one time option of increasing the rate of interest
- At the time of rate change, owners have the option to add $500 or more to the certificate
- Adding money will not extend the maturity date
- The New rate will be from the effective date of rate change until the initial term expires
It’s never too late to start preparing for retirement. Let BankIowa help you save with one of the many IRA investment options we offer. We offer Traditional, Roth and Educational IRAs. An Individual Retirement Account is an excellent tool for retirement savings. Depending on the type of IRA you choose, contributions may be tax deductible and will grow either tax-deferred or tax-free! An Education Savings Account is a great way for parents, grandparents or anyone to set aside funds for the education of a child or loved one.
A Traditional Individual Retirement Account is an excellent tool for your retirement savings. A Traditional IRA is designed for anyone under the age of 70 with earned income who wants to save for retirement. The Traditional IRA allows you to defer taxes on the earnings on your contributions until they are withdrawn. Certain contributions are tax deductible in the tax year for which you make them.*
A Roth IRA is for anyone who earns income and wants to save for retirement, especially those customers who may exceed the Traditional IRA income limits. The Roth IRA allows only nondeductible contributions and features tax-free withdrawals. For detailed information on any of our CD or IRA products, contact any BankIowa Office.
* Consult your tax advisor or legal counsel for advice and information concerning your particular situation.